Are you new to paid advertising? In the post get an overview of paid search marketing and its different types.
What is Paid Search Engine Marketing?
Paid search engine marketing or just search engine marketing(SEM) has become the most important buzzword in digital marketing. In a fiercely competitive market, where businesses are growing day by day and With thousands of organizations offering similar services, it is crucial to make your business stand out from the herd; SEM is a tried and tested out method to help you achieve this goal.
How does Paid Search Marketing Works?
Paid search engine marketing involves marketing your business or product online, using paid advertisements that appear on pages of search engine results. When a user searches specific keywords on search engines like Google or Yahoo Search, Bing allows the business owner to market their products alongside results for the user’s queries.
Different Types of Paid Search Ads
Also known as pay-per-click ads, these advertisements vary from simple text-only ads to other complex ones. Product listing ads are also known as shopping ads that are much more vibrant, product-based advertisements that directly convey vital information to the consumer, like the cost and customer reviews.
Why it is better than other forms of advertising
Paid search engine marketing holds a significant advantage over other means of advertising. You can advertise your products to consumers looking for something similar. Consumers can click on your advertisement and directly buy your product at a moment’s notice. Also, another strength of search marketing is that a business has to pay according to the number of people that clicked on their ads and not pay a fixed fee for advertising. Instead of pay per click, the cost of advertising can also be based on pay per call, where an owner would pay according to the number of calls he received because of his advertisement. Here are key paid search engine marketing advantages:
- Gain more visibility
- Improve website traffic
- Attract targeted customer
- Detailed analytics insight
- Increased conversion
There is no denying that paid search advertising is the most beneficial form of modern marketing tool. It is valuable to generate leads, sales, or create brand awareness. So let’s see how to get started with using paid search ads for your business.
How to Start using Paid Search Marketing
Most Search Marketers use Google ads for marketing their products online; Microsoft ads come a close second, it shows the advertisers’ ads on yahoo search result pages. Most paid search platforms work similarly. Here is a complete step-by-step procedure to getting started with paid marketing.
- Choose the locations from where people will view your ads; you can target specific countries, states, and even postal codes
- Select your keywords: This is a crucial step since paid search marketing primarily depends on the keywords a user is searching for. It would help if you aimed for the keywords a user is more likely to search for. Avoid using keywords that will attract an audience that won’t be interested in your product. Many official tools like Google Keyword Planner and other third-party apps are available to help you out in this process.
- Choose your match type: here, you choose if your advertisements will be shown if a user types precisely the keywords you’ve chosen. In Phrase Match, a user can see ads even if he has added extra words before or after the keywords. Broad match type is when your ad is shown even if a user has searched for synonyms of your keywords.
- Make your ads: Create ads to show when a user searches for the keywords you’ve chosen
- Finalize your bids: you can negotiate how much you would want to pay if a user clicks on your ad
- Apply for ad extensions: You can add any other information that you feel is relevant, for example, links, phone numbers, Etc.
- Finish Launching your ads.
Paid Search Marketing is a modern form of online advertisement. It is highly cost-effective, convenient, and proven to be beneficial when targeting an audience. Hope in this blog you understood the basics of paid search advertising and will now make the most of the technology.