There’s an adequate chance that you have likely to hear about SEO. But, what does SEO mean? The post discusses the best way to understand SEO.
Everyone seems to have overheard the term SEO from business owners or marketers. But many do not know what SEO means or what it does. SEO stands for search engine optimization. Although it is only three letters long, it can make a world difference to a digital marketing strategy. Read more to clear up, what does SEO mean? We’ll also look at some frequently asked questions (SEO FAQs) and understand why it is important to your business.
What Does SEO Mean?
The SEO meaning involves when someone searches content. The easiest SEO definition is – a combination of strategies, techniques, and tactics implemented to increase the website traffic by obtaining higher-ranking in search results. By optimizing your website for search engines, you can boost organic or unpaid visibility.
Read more: What is SEO?
How SEO Works?
If you’re wondering how SEO works, here is a quick breakdown. Popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing scan your site. They look at website architecture and content to help determine different factors. However, two major factors considered by the search engine are how user-friendly site is and keyword relevancy. This process is called crawling.
Crawling helps search engines to collect data from the website. When a crawler visits a website, it picks overall text from the website and stores in a database. Thus, it delivers users relevant search results.
By improvising SEO strategies, your website is working to make it easy for crawlers to understand and index content. The better your site looks to the search engine, the better it will rank in SERPs.
What Goes in SEO?
A better way to understand SEO is to breakdown its meaning. Let’s take a look at SEO meaning:
- SEO in marketing: Every business has a marketing strategy. Thereby understanding SEO is crucial for every marketing efforts. Since SEO is a core technique to drive traffic on your site and generate leads, thereby, conversion. You not only need to use content that Google likes but should resonate with your potential audience.
- Technical aspect: SEO is a major activity for people that know the ins and outs of SEO. Search engine optimization is highly sought after since it maximizes ROI. Thus, knowing that SEO is a best practice, optimizing your site SEO content is important if you plan to compete for traffic.
- Powerful strategy: SEO is an exciting field. With the consistent update in Google algorithm and the way the search engine performs, excites many of us.
Now, that you know the answer to the question, what SEO means? Let’s move forward. Another important question people as is – What is SERP ranking?
What is a SERP Ranking?
Search Engine Results Page (SERP) are pages displayed by a search engine in response to a user inquiry. Your SERP ranking is where your website ranks on the search engines. Improving our SEO will ensure an increase in website ranking and improve online visibility.
The higher your website ranks on SERPs the more you are able to discover customers. However, using relevant keywords will ensure you get targeted customers on your website who are searching for your product or service on the search engines.
Primarily, many consumers do not look past the first page of search results. That is why it is crucial for a business to improve SERP rankings. Thus, to increase visibility on a search engine and reach a more potential audience.
How to Increase SEO Ranking?
There are several factors that affect site SEO ranking. Although Google facilitates algorithm to determine your ranking on search engine, you can still improvise following strategies to improve the following best practices.
See best ways to increase website SERP ranking:
- Building quality content: The best way to rank well and offer value to your audience is
byoffering quality content. The more quality content your produce, the more search engine will read and understand. Content should be SEO copywriting appropriate.
- Keyword Research: Keywords is another important component of improving SEO. Find keywords to customers and leads using to find product and services similar to your brand. Then build your content around keywords. Read: How to Find Popular Searches Online.
- Mobile-friendly site: If you want to compete in the digital market place, optimizing your site for mobile is no longer optional. Not does a mobile-friendly website help to improve user experience on the website, but also contributes to SERP ranking.
These are just a few SEO factors that are under human control. Moreover, there are several more factors like on-site optimization and off-site optimization to gain traffic. For instance, your page authority is based on the quality of links to your page. The more quality linking to your content, higher will be an authority. Learn: How To Get Free Backlinks For A Website
Another Off-site SEO factor that impacts your SERP ranking is whether users take time to engage with your content or leave the site quality. This phenomenon is known as Bounce Rate. Although, there is no method to ensure that the user stays on the page for a long time. Thus, you can begin with building content that influences users to stay and read.