What is SEO?
SEO is an art and science of driving targeted traffic to a webpage from organic search. In the last post, we mentioned SEO, definition, and its meaning. This post
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. These three little words signify a process of improving the visibility of a website on organic search engine result pages (SERPs). This activity is achieved by implementing a combination of several techniques. Some of the SEO techniques are listed below:
- Technical Optimization: A technical SEO fixes website architecture by making it more search engine friendly.
- Content Optimization: Content SEO utilizes the process to make website homepage and other pages attractive to search engines. Thereby, they make content like images, text, graphics, videos, and data more link-worthy and engaging.
- Link Development: Link development and optimization uses high quality of content to attract backlinks.
- Conversion Optimization: Conversion in internet marketing is a system for increasing the percentage of visitors to the webpage.
Being a successful SEO focus on technical excellence, great user experience, high-quality web security, mind-blowing content. You should work on all these aspects in order to get the best results. This is what brilliant SEO strategy is all about!
How SEO Works?
Learn how SEO works! Every search engine including Google, Yahoo, Bing offers a website listing. The listings are deemed to provide the best answer to users search query. While, listings are caller search results. Furthermore, listings are categorised as organic listing and paid listing.
A search engine organic listing is a natural and unpaid website listing on SERPs. Those are most relevant to the user’s query. Whereas paid listing is an opportunity to advertise within the search engine sponsored listing. However, paid listing is an unethical form of online marketing.
The root of why SEO is important is being listed in the top organic search results. Organic searches receive a greater share of web traffic in comparison to a paid advertisement. Thus, if your business isn’t being found in an organic search, you’re missing out on large visitors.
Getting on top of organic search engine results is where SEO comes. In the end, there are several techniques and strategies that help to build optimize a website to relevant keywords for SEO success.
Techniques of SEO
Everything has an as dark and bright side, so does search engine optimization. Ranking high in search engine results takes both time and effort. But there are some SEO tactics that are simple to apply and definitely brings success. Here is a quick overview of different techniques of SEO
- White Hat SEO: White hat SEO is an ethical technique approved by the major search engines. These techniques compliment with their terms and conditions. The website optimizes focus on relevancy and organic ranking.
- Black Hat SEO: Back Hat SEO involves aggressive SEO techniques that do not comply search engine terms and conditions. You make sure to avoid them when devising organic raming. For example, keyword stuffing.
- Grey Hat SEO: It is a midway of to both White Hat and Black Hat SEO. Grey Hat SEO is a practice that is riskier but one may or may not result into site banned.
Learn advanced SEO techniques to grow website traffic- Detail SEO Tutorial with best strategies.
Types of SEO
- On-Page Optimization: It refers to all the measure that can be taken within the website in order to improve website ranking position. On-page optimization is also known as On-Site Optimization. Hence, it’s a best practice to increase page visibility. It offers a huge impact on its ability to rank. For example page titles, meta descriptions, URL structure, keyword density, image SEO, internal linking, body tag etc. Learn more what is On-Page optimization?
- Off-Page Optimization: Off-Page optimization refers to all the measure taken outside the website. It is also called as Off-site optimization. For example: Search engine submissions, social media marketing, blogging, content marketing, directory submission, photo sharing, video marketing, forum sharing, local listing etc.
By now, you would have understood that SEO is a digital marketing strategy not to be neglected. Especially, if you’re operating an online business.
An affordable SEO company in India can help to design an excellent SEO strategy for your business.
If you desire to master SEO, we recommend reading following articles to SEO starters.
- SEO in 2019: A definitive SEO Action Plan for 2019
- Why SEO: 10 reasons why your business need SEO
- Local SEO: How to make money through local SEO
- Voice Search: The impact of voice search on SEO